Klik hier voor de Nederlandse vertaling.
- For us to be able to provide a third and last motorboat to ensure the pupils of Bwama Primary School daily safe transport, the amount of 32,500,000 UGX needs to be raised (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals around €8000,- to €9000,- ).
- We want to realize a rainwater collection system at several primary schools in the area; a selection criterion in this, amongst others, will be how many families from the community can, apart from pupils, benefit from the system. In rural Uganda, it is quite common for people who live in the immediate vicinity of a school to make use of its water supply. The actual costs will have to be calculated per situation, yet we estimate them to be somewhere between 10,000,000 and 14,000,000 UGX (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals an amount between €2500,- and €3500,-).
- Due to the increased number of pupils of Bwama Primary School, following the introduction of our motorboats, still at least 20 life jackets need to be added. The price of each life-jacket is currently 100,000 UGX (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals around €25,-).
- To facilitate learning to swim for the children, we want to purchase a number of tools, for which an amount of 1,200,000 UGX is needed (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals around €300,-)
- Additional goal during the coronacrisis: supporting the poorest around Lake Bunyonyi by providing emergency relief. Increasing poverty and starvation has turned out to be a most urgent problem with the majority of the population that lives around the lake completely depending on tourism, which was the first sector that completely collapsed already in March, when the precaution measures to keep COVID-19 out of the country were announced. From around 1,000,000 UGX (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals around €250,-) we can provide 180-200 people emergency food.
- Rainwater collection system at Burimba Primary School (August 2020)
First Rainwater Collection System Constructed at Primary School at Lake Bunyonyi
- Several rounds of providing the poorest around Lake Bunyonyi emergency relief during corona crisis
Expenses €250,- each time we provide.
- The second motorboat (February 2020)
The Next Milestone: Second Motorboat for the Daily Safe Transport of Bwama Primary School Pupils!
This project has completely be financed by sponsors.
- Covered area adjacent to Swimming Instruction Centre (January 2020)
New Development: Covered Area Added to Our Swimming Instruction Centre.
- Swimming Instruction Center (September 2019)
Another Goal Achieved: Our Swimming Instruction Center Has Been Constructed!
- Five much needed landing docks (January 2019 – May 2019)
First Much Needed Landing Docks Have Been Constructed.
The Third Landing Dock is a Fact!
Also the Remaining Two Landing Docks Have Been Constructed!
- The first motorboat (October 2018)
Breaking News: First Motorboat to Provide Pupils of Bwama Primary School Safe Transport Realized!
- An at that time urgently needed big canoe (November 2017)
Great News From NiCA: Canoe Donated to Bwama Primary School!
Please visit the section ‘How You Can Help’ on our website to read in what ways you can contribute to achieving our goals. Of course every contribution, no matter how small, will be highly appreciated!
HWMCO-Nederland & NiCA Foundation
‘We Fight Poverty by Bringing Development.’
(Updated August 2020)