Klik hier voor de Nederlandse vertaling.
- For us to be able to provide a third and last motorboat to ensure the pupils of Bwama Primary School daily safe transport, the amount of 22,000,000 UGX needs to be raised (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals around €5500,-).
- We want to realize a rainwater collection system at one (or more) primary schools in the area; a selection criterion in this, amongst others, will be how many families from the community can, apart from pupils, benefit from the system. In rural Uganda, it is quite common for people who live in the immediate vicinity of a school to make use of its water supply. At this point we estimate the costs for a rainwater collection system to be somewhere between 10,000,000 and 14,000,000 UGX (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals an amount between €2500,- and €3500,-).
- Due to the increased number of pupils of Bwama Primary School, following the introduction of our motorboats, still at least 20 life jackets need to be added. The price of each life-jacket is currently 100,000 UGX (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals around €25,-).
- To facilitate learning to swim for the children, we want to purchase a number of tools, for which an amount of 1,200,000 UGX is needed (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals around €300,-)
- An at that time urgently needed big canoe (November 2017)
Great News From NiCA: Canoe Donated to Bwama Primary School!
- The first motorboat (October 2018)
Breaking News: First Motorboat to Provide Pupils of Bwama Primary School Safe Transport Realized!
- Five much needed landing docks (January 2019 – May 2019)
First Much Needed Landing Docks Have Been Constructed.
The Third Landing Dock is a Fact!
Also the Remaining Two Landing Docks Have Been Constructed!
- Swimming Instruction Center (September 2019)
Another Goal Achieved: Our Swimming Instruction Center Has Been Constructed!
- Covered area adjacent to Swimming Instruction Centre (January 2020)
New Development: Covered Area Added to Our Swimming Instruction Centre.
- The second motorboat (February 2020)
The Next Milestone: Second Motorboat for the Daily Safe Transport of Bwama Primary School Pupils!
This project has completely be financed by sponsors.
Please visit the section ‘How You Can Help’ on our website to read in what ways you can contribute to achieving our goals. Of course every contribution, no matter how small, will be highly appreciated!
HWMCO-Nederland & NiCA Foundation
‘We Fight Poverty by Bringing Development.’
(Updated January 2020)