Klik hier voor de Nederlandse vertaling.
- We want to realize rainwater collection systems at several primary schools in the area; a selection criterion in this, amongst others, will be how many families from the community can, apart from pupils, benefit from the system. In rural Uganda, it is quite common for people who live in the immediate vicinity of a school to make use of its water supply. The actual costs will have to be calculated per situation, yet we estimate them to be somewhere between 10,000,000 and 14,000,000 UGX (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals an amount between €2500,- and €3500,-).
- We want to provide re-usable sanitary pads to primary school girls in need of them. It is very common for school going girls to miss several days of school every month due to their menstruation, because their parents cannot afford to buy sanitary pads to buy. For 2021 we want to raise 3,600,000 UGX (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals around €900,-) for this purpose.
- We want to provide some basic school materials to primary school children. For 2021 want to raise 7,800,000 UGX (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals around €1950,-) for this purpose.
- In the near future we want to realize and run a community house; more information about this will be shared later this year.
- Additional goal during the coronacrisis: supporting the poorest around Lake Bunyonyi by providing emergency relief. Increasing poverty and starvation has turned out to be a most urgent problem with the majority of the population that lives around the lake completely depending on tourism, which was the first sector that completely collapsed already in March, when the precaution measures to keep COVID-19 out of the country were announced. From around 1,000,000 UGX (depending on the actual exchange rate that equals around €250,-) we can provide 180-200 people emergency food.
- The third Motorboat (January 2021)
Breaking News: Introducing Our Third Motorboat!
- Rainwater collection system at Burimba Primary School (August 2020)
First Rainwater Collection System Constructed at Primary School at Lake Bunyonyi
- Several rounds of providing the poorest around Lake Bunyonyi emergency relief during the current corona crisis
Expenses €250,- each time we provide.
- The second motorboat (February 2020)
The Next Milestone: Second Motorboat for the Daily Safe Transport of Bwama Primary School Pupils!
This project has completely be financed by sponsors.
- Covered area adjacent to Swimming Instruction Centre (January 2020)
New Development: Covered Area Added to Our Swimming Instruction Centre.
- Swimming Instruction Center (September 2019)
Another Goal Achieved: Our Swimming Instruction Center Has Been Constructed!
- Five much needed landing docks (January 2019 – May 2019)
First Much Needed Landing Docks Have Been Constructed.
The Third Landing Dock is a Fact!
Also the Remaining Two Landing Docks Have Been Constructed!
- The first motorboat (October 2018)
Breaking News: First Motorboat to Provide Pupils of Bwama Primary School Safe Transport Realized!
- An at that time urgently needed big canoe (November 2017)
Great News From NiCA: Canoe Donated to Bwama Primary School!
Please visit the section ‘How You Can Help’ on our website to read in what ways you can contribute to achieving our goals. Of course every contribution, no matter how small, will be highly appreciated!
HWMCO-Nederland & NiCA Foundation
‘We Fight Poverty by Bringing Development.’
(Updated January 2021)