Klik hier voor de Nederlandse vertaling.
Current goals, big and small:
- We want to realize rainwater collection systems at several primary schools in the area; a selection criterion in this, amongst others, will be how many families from the community can, apart from pupils, benefit from the system. In rural Uganda, it is quite common for people who live in the immediate vicinity of a school to make use of its water supply. The actual costs will have to be calculated per situation, yet we estimate them to be somewhere between €3.500,- and €5.000,- for one 10,000 liter tank and depending on actual exchange rates. In case of two 10,000 liter tanks the double amount will be needed.
- We want to construct toilet buildings consisting of 5 separate latrines at some primary schools where we have previously constructed rainwater collection systems. Costs of that are calculated to be around €12.000,- depending on actual exchange rates.
- We want to build 5,000 liter rainwater collection systems in remote villages that can not be reached by a truck. Cost per system €475,-.
- We want to provide in the Netherlands produced family size waterfilters to families in our working area that live at the shores of Lake Bunyonyi. Price per waterfilter € 25,-
- We want to provide re-usable sanitary pads to (school going) teenage girls in need of them. For school going girls it is very common to miss several days of school every month due to their menstruation, because their parents cannot afford to buy sanitary pads. We want to change that for them. For €4,- to €5,- we can help one girl.
- We want to provide basic school materials to primary school children for an amount between €2,50 and €5,- per child.
- We want to guide the two Batwa groups at Lake Bunyonyi towards self-sustainability in steps, whereby the next step will be providing them seeds for them to grow their own crops. Amount needed each time €150,-
- We want to provide people with singular reading glasses who are in need of them; costs per glasses €5,-
- Helping Mwendo Primary School completing their community project and financing lightning protection for their buildings (January 2023)
Lightning Protection And Support For Completion Of Community Project At Mwendo Primary School
- The Batwa groups have received new potato seedlings (October 2022)
Helping The Batwa Grow Towards Self-Sustainability: Providing Them With New Potato Seedlings
- More than 150 girls received reusable sanitary pads (August 2022)
Reusable Sanitary Pads For More Than 150 Girls.
- Toilet building (5 Stance VIP Latrine) constructed at Kasinde Primary School (August 2022)
Our First Toilet Building At A Primary School Has Now Been Constructed!
- It Has Become A Familiar Custom: Handing Out Reading Glasses Brought From The Netherlands (August 2022)
- 1400 Children at four primary schools have received school materials (July 2022)
School Materials For 1400 Children At Four Primary Schools
- 20 Rainwater collection systems of 5,000 liters under construction in village locations (July 2022)
We Are Constructing 20 Rainwater Collection Systems Of 5,000 Liters In Villages
- First rainwater collection system of 5,000 liters under construction in remote village (April 2022)
New Goal Added: Rainwater Collection System Of 5,000 Liters In Remote Villages
- The Batwa groups have received potato seedlings (March 2022)
From Emergency Aid Towards Self Sustainability: Potato Seedlings For The Batwa
- Hundreds of washable sanitary pads distributed at schools (March 2022)
Washable Sanitary Pads Distributed To 470 Girls During The First Months Of 2022
- First step taken in guiding the Batwa groups on their way towards self-sustainability (March 2022)
The Batwa in 2022: From Emergeny Help Towards Self Sustainability
Rainwater collection system at Kitooma Primary School (February 2022)
Our Fifth Rainwater Collection System Has Been Constructed: Kitooma Primary School Has Received A Capacity Of 20,000 Liters
- Handing out school materials to more than 900 children at three primary schools (December 2021)
Handing out School Materials to More Than 900 Children at Three Primary Schools
- Rainwater collection system at Kasinde Primary School (August 2021)
Rainwater Collection System with a Capacity of 20,000 Liters Constructed at Kasinde Primary School
- Distributing free washable sanitary pads to teenage girls
Handing out Washable Sanitary Pads to Teenage Girls for Free
Expenses €150,- every time we distribute.
- Rainwater collection system at Mwendo Primary School (March 2021)
Another Rainwater Collection System Constructed at a Primary School at Lake Bunyonyi!
- Rainwater collection system in Butenga village (March 2021)
Rainwater Collection System Constructed in Village on Lake Bunyonyi Surrounding Hills
- Landing docks adjusted (January 2021)
Adjusting Our Landing Docks to Guarantee Both the Safety of the Children and Preservation of the Banks.
- The third motorboat (January 2021)
Breaking News: Introducing Our Third Motorboat!
- Rainwater collection system at Burimba Primary School (August 2020)
First Rainwater Collection System Constructed at Primary School at Lake Bunyonyi
- Several rounds of providing the poorest around Lake Bunyonyi emergency relief during the corona crisis
Expenses €250,- to €400,- each time we provide.
- The second motorboat (February 2020)
The Next Milestone: Second Motorboat for the Daily Safe Transport of Bwama Primary School Pupils!
This project has completely be financed by sponsors.
- Covered area adjacent to Swimming Instruction Centre (January 2020)
New Development: Covered Area Added to Our Swimming Instruction Centre.
- Swimming Instruction Center (September 2019)
Another Goal Achieved: Our Swimming Instruction Center Has Been Constructed!
- Five much needed landing docks (January 2019 – May 2019)
First Much Needed Landing Docks Have Been Constructed.
The Third Landing Dock is a Fact!
Also the Remaining Two Landing Docks Have Been Constructed!
- The first motorboat (October 2018)
Breaking News: First Motorboat to Provide Pupils of Bwama Primary School Safe Transport Realized!
- An urgently needed big canoe (November 2017)
Great News From NiCA: Canoe Donated to Bwama Primary School!
Please visit the section ‘How You Can Help’ on our website to read in what ways you can contribute to achieving our goals. Of course every contribution, no matter how small, will be highly appreciated!
HWMCO-Nederland & NiCA Foundation
‘We Fight Poverty by Bringing Development.’
(Updated January 2023)